[ejabberd] Disconnection from mysql database...

Adrian Almenar S. adrian at genexies.com
Tue Oct 31 20:47:40 MSK 2006

Hi everyone,

I've downloaded the latest release of ejabberd (1.1.2) and installed it on
Redhat ES4. Im actually having some problems with ejabberd because it gets
disconnected silently from the database and if it tries to access it again,
instead of establishing a new connection it will simply tell that cannot
connect.

This problem happens cause i have 2 mysql databases installed working in
clusterdb mode and load-balanced with keepalived. Keepalived has a 15 minute
persistence timeout but if in those 15 minutes the ejabberd server doesn't
talk to the database keepalived will drop the connection. Then ejabberd when
needs access to the DB connects again to the load balancer and sees the
connection was closed, it just fails, he doesn't try to connect again.

Is something im missing ?

I tried putting the persistence timeout to 60 minutes but this only will
delay the issue.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Adrian Almenar