[ejabberd] mod_filter and bandersnatch

Rodrigo Grumiche Silva grumiche at integrityit.com.br
Sun Sep 3 04:22:39 MSD 2006

Hi

im using mod_filter to only allow some users to talk to each other, blocking
everything else. Now i'm trying to use bandersnatch to log all those allowed
messages. Has someone even tried this ?

my first attempt to make bandersnatch work with mod_filter isnt working very
well :

{acl, bandersnatch, {node, "bandersnatch.localhost"}}.

{acl, grumiche, {user, "grumiche"}}.
{acl, alexandra, {user, "alexandra"}}.

{access, mod_filter, [
	{allow, bandersnatch},
	% User grumiche can talk with user alexandra
	{grumiche_controle, grumiche},
	% User alexandra can talk with user grumiche
	{alexandra_controle, alexandra},
	% Block everthing else
	{deny,all}
	]}.

{access, grumiche_controle, [ {allow, alexandra} ]}.
{access, alexandra_controle,[ {allow, grumiche} ]}.

Bandersnatch was able to log everything, but then everybody was talking to
each other. Can anyone give me an advice in how to use bandersnatch together
with mod_filter ?

Regards
Grumiche