[ejabberd] Change field names in mysql?

Lars Strojny lars at strojny.net
Sat Sep 9 19:41:41 MSD 2006

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 08.09.2006, 22:58 +0400 schrieb proforg:
> > Are there people that know if this is possible in other supported databases
> > (preferably with an URL to documentation)? I might write a comment for the
> > guide about this.
>
> MySQL since 5.0.1 support updatable views
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-view.html
> Actually there are some limitations, not all views are updatable.
> Rules are more powerfull tool but not supported in MySQL, afaik.

I don't know PostgreSQL very well but it seems to me that Triggers have
a similiar concept as Rules in PostgreSQL. With a trigger it is possible
to define an action on a decent event like UPDATE or DELETE. This is
supported in MySQL 5.0 and really worth giving it a try. But one thing
on Ejabberd annoys me since a long time: why aren't the passwords
internally hashed? That's so weird, I don't understand why there is a
software in 2006 where passwords are stored in cleartext. Any chance to
change this behaviour?

Greets, Lars
--
      "Kriterium des Wahren ist nicht seine unmittelbare
          Kommunizierbarkeit an jedermann"

name: Lars H. Strojny      web: http://strojny.net
street: Engelsstraße 23    blog: http://usrportage.de
city: D-51103 Köln         mail/jabber: lars at strojny.net
f-print: 1FD5 D8EE D996 8E3E 1417  328A 240F 17EB 0263 AC07