[ejabberd] Change field names in mysql?

Lars Strojny lars at strojny.net
Sat Sep 9 20:45:42 MSD 2006

Hi Dan,

it's really wicked to here from you also on the weekend ;-), but:

Am Samstag, den 09.09.2006, 18:29 +0200 schrieb Daniel Bartlett:
[...]
> Lars Strojny wrote:
> > .....But one thing
> > on Ejabberd annoys me since a long time: why aren't the passwords
> > internally hashed? That's so weird, I don't understand why there is a
> > software in 2006 where passwords are stored in cleartext. Any chance to
> > change this behaviour?
>
> Is MD5 supported across most ODBC databases? I know MySQL does.

I think that's not really relevant, since Ejabberd should do the
hashing. ODBC support VARCHAR-like fields, which means, you can store a
string there and so on a MD5-hash. Ejabberd does the hashing and asks
the DB "Hey, does your string look like my string?" ;-)

Greets, Lars
--
      "Kriterium des Wahren ist nicht seine unmittelbare
          Kommunizierbarkeit an jedermann"

name: Lars H. Strojny      web: http://strojny.net
street: Engelsstraße 23    blog: http://usrportage.de
city: D-51103 Köln         mail/jabber: lars at strojny.net
f-print: 1FD5 D8EE D996 8E3E 1417  328A 240F 17EB 0263 AC07