[ejabberd] -shared

Matthew Reilly matthew.reilly at sipphone.com
Fri Sep 15 03:27:42 MSD 2006

To allow the -shared option, you can edit erts/Makefile (under the OTP
source dir) and set:

BUILD_SHARED_EMU=true

There is another option -hybrid (which should be built by default except
for Windows, VxVorks, and OSE) that tries to get some of the same
benfits by having per-process heaps as well as a shared heap.

I've never done much experimenting though with either of these options,
except when I've tried -hybrid on a web server Erlang project, erlang
would sometimes crash when doing garbage collection. I had a C port
driver in this case, so I don't know if it was something that I did.