[ejabberd] Error Registering RPM file

luke.2.pilgrim at bt.com luke.2.pilgrim at bt.com
Fri Sep 22 03:27:18 MSD 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup my first ejabberd server and have hit some
problems....

I'm installing version 1.1.1 using the linux installer
ejabberd-1.1.1_2-linux-installer.bin
<download/1.1.1/ejabberd-1.1.1_2-linux-installer.bin>  on Fedora Core 4
server. The install runs fine untill the very end when I receive the
following error:
Error: There was an error registering the RPM file
But the installer then returns - 'setup has completed installing
ejabberd on your computer'
I try to access the web interface and receive a connection refused
message. Also when I run ./status I receive the following error:
RPC failed on the node 'default at blahblah': nodedown
Although the service seems to be running.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Luke.