[ejabberd] Version 1.1.2: Minor translations update needed

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue Sep 26 14:10:57 MSD 2006

Hello,

* Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze at pandora.be> [2006-09-26 11:54:39 +0200]:

> Yes, maybe, but tha might be more work as this will influence all
> translations.

Yes, this is more work but I will try to do it before the release.
I think however, we need at some point to manage englis as a translation
too, and use meaningfull but short code to represent message to
translate in the source code.
This will make it easier to change the English translation without
impacting all other files.

> > I realize that I'm
> > coming in to this late, but I really think the older text was better
> > (though still not good) and that this late it is hard to make changes to
> > strings (especially ones that have been being debated). If I had to come
> > up with a new version of text for that option it would probably be
> > something like 'Present real JIDs to', since they aren't discovered (at
> > least not as in disco) and it isn't nearly as awkward.
>
> I also think the word "real" is confusing/duplicate; maybe 'Present
> Jabber IDs of participants to'?

All user are always seen as JID, but sometime you only see its JID as
proxied by the MUC room.
I think the work real make sense.

--
Mickaël Rémond