[ejabberd] ejabberd 1.1.2's source different from SVN trunk

Chris Chen ckchris at echomine.com
Thu Sep 28 10:32:28 MSD 2006

Hi,

I am new to ejabberd.  I checked out ejabberd's trunk tree from SVN
and compiled the source, only to get runtime errors when using http-
poll.

I then downloaded the source file for 1.1.2's distribution and test
it.  There were no errors using http-poll.

So I did a little digging and i found that the file ejabberd_c2s.erl
is different between the trunk and the 1.1.2 release.

The error I was getting from the trunk tree is for an undefined
function become_controller() in ejabberd_c2s.

If the trunk developed has already branched away from the 1.1.2
development, then that will explain it.  Otherwise, http-poll is
currently broken in trunk/.

I guess I should checkout out 1.1.2 trunk instead.

How does the development branches work for ejabberd?

Thanks,
Chris