[ejabberd] Difficulties configuring ejabberd

Mário Gamito mgamito at telbit.pt
Tue Apr 17 20:17:38 MSD 2007

Dear tty,

tty at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> The usual issues regarding connecting are: wrong LDAP server, incorrect LDAP admin password or incorrect rootdn, firewall.
All is well, i think, but here my data:
slapd.conf:
suffix          "dc=telbit,dc=pt"
rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=telbit,dc=pt"
rootpw		secret

I have in ejabberd config file:
{auth_method, ldap}.
{ldap_servers, ["mail.telbit.pt"]}.    % List of LDAP servers
{ldap_uidattr, "mgamito"}.            % LDAP attribute that holds user ID
{ldap_base, "ou=users,dc=telbit,dc=pt"}. % Search base of LDAP directory
{ldap_rootdn, "cn=admin,dc=telbit,dc=pt"}. % LDAP manager
{ldap_password, "n3xus6"}. % Password to LDAP manager
{ldap_filter, "(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)"}.
{ldap_uidattr_format, "%u at mail.telbit.pt" }.

> With OpenLDAP you can find the schema files under /etc/openldap/schema
Yes, but which of it ?
core.schema ?

> However you would likely have to ask the LDAP administrator which schema is used.
I am the LDAP administrator.

> The schema for most LDAP installation are quite standard.
There are many...

> The ldap_uidattr should default to "uid" unless your schema states otherwise.
> The 'uid' much match the login name in gaim. E.g if your screen name is 'mgamito' then the 'uid' field in LDAP should be 'mgamito'.
You mean I have to have one uid line per person ?
What is the password field in the schema that ejabberd uses ?

Warm Regards,
--
:wq! Mário Gamito