[ejabberd] process-one?

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 17:59:53 MSD 2007

2007/8/1, Albert Holm <albert+ejabberd at cdr.se>:
> Isn't it better to have this bug tracker closed if it isn't used or preferred?

Both are used by general people, but ejabberd core developers use
mostly JIRA. Preferences may vary (I for examples prefer Free Software
instead of Proprietary), but if JIRA provides more features, and is
preferred by ejabberd core developers (including Aleksey), and anyway
is free of cost to P1... I'll use it without problem.

Instead of closing Bugzilla, I propose to inform that the ejabberd
core developers use the P1 bug tracker (JIRA). By inertia, new bugs
will be submitted to that bug tracker. The bugs in Bugzilla can be
referenced as new in JIRA, adding a link to the Bugzilla entry. After
some time, most bugs in Bugzilla will already fixed/rejected. Then
Bugzilla @ jabber.ru will remain only for archiving purposes.

> Google believes the main page for ejabberd is ejabberd.jabber.ru and currently
> that doesn't seem to be true with no news AT ALL since 1.1.3 was released.

I'm completely responsible for that. For several months (and years) I
considered that only very very important announcements and news should
appear in the front page.

I now think this is not a good idea, as you pointed. I plan to be less
restrictive about what is promoted to front page since september (or
whenever ejabberd 2.0.0 is close to release) . For example: new
tutorials, and new FAQ entries could be promoted.

> Get rid of it and move everything to process-one so information can be found
> atleast. With duplicate information it is quite easy to forget to update at
> once place, it is as bad as not having documentation at all.

If you look closely, ejabberd.jabber.ru hosts mostly
information/documentation relevant to ejabberd developers and admins
(except ejabberd guide.html and some technical pages).
ejabberd at process-one has mostly source code, packages, installers,
SVN, bug tracker and news.