[ejabberd] Security question : flood

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Fri Aug 3 11:40:16 MSD 2007

Hello,

Le 3 août 07 à 01:09, kaan kaan a écrit :

> hi @ll
> i have a security question.
> how can i stop the floods on a chat room,
> i tested it with pandion when i use a msnflooder programm, this
> works with pandion end you can flood the channel.
>

> One of the reason why i change my system from Irc chat to jabber
> chat is to stop the attacks on my chat server.
>
> Is their any Attitude or a module which like this: a user can send
> " n messages in m seconds" ?

this is already implemented in SVN (originally developed for a
customer and in production there).
See: https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-227

It will be in version 2.0.0.

> or a bad word filter which filters the badwords from a msg?

We have some code already to do the filtering, but as not been
released publicly yet.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/