[ejabberd] strange error message

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 04:10:18 MSD 2007

2007/8/3, Brian Moore <brianmooreca at yahoo.com>:
> hello,
>
> i'm seeing the error message below in my logs. can anyone please

Looks like the same set of messages than:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/node/1518

> help me interpret it? i find erlang error messgages very hard to read.
> is there anything i can read to train myself on how to read them?

Well, there is a lot of distracting stuff. But among them, there are
some key words that, if I'm correct, could be read as:

The last event was something about SASL auth.
This happened when waiting for feature request, during client connection.
And the literal error is that a process that should exist, does not.

> i'm running ejabberd-1.1.3 built from source on top of
> otp_src_R11B-4.tar.bz2. i am also using ejabberd external
> authentication.

Maybe your client wants to use some method of authentication that
ejabberd can't use. And ejabberd can't use it because you use external
authentication.

I bet that some trial and error changing client auth options and
swapping external/internal auth will help you to know what
combinations produce this error.

If you finally solve the mystery, please comment here. It may be a bug
in ejabberd or a topic that is not explained in ejabberd guide.