[ejabberd] windows ejabberd password problem

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:31:29 MSD 2007

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:18:10 +0400
> From: "Sergei Golovan" <sgolovan at nes.ru>
> Subject: Re: [ejabberd] windows ejabberd password problem
> To: ejabberd at jabber.ru
>
> On 8/8/07, bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.bryan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed ejabberd on a Windows XP Service pack 2, When I try to
> > login with the admin at DK-P-244 username as described in the
> > documentation, and the password I defined in installation the login is
> > not successful (nothing happens it just keeps asking me to login, If I
> > cancel I get a 401)
>
> Hostname in ejabberd config file must be lowercase. Probably it's the problem.
>
> --
> Sergei Golovan

Well I tried that now and the same result. Also reinstalled one more
time to see if that would help. I wonder though, it says something
about this must be the name of the computer on the network. Since the
password isn't set in configuration but only the username does it use
the actual username ACL from Windows? In which case I guess I
shouldn't be using the name admin. Also given that I am on a network
does this effect it in any way I should consider.

Thanks,

Bryan Rasmussen