[ejabberd] ejabberd 1.1.4 (was: Re: ejabberd login problem)

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Thu Aug 9 20:34:34 MSD 2007

On 8/9/07, Mickaël Rémond <mickael.remond at process-one.net> wrote:
>  Hello,

Hello Mickaël!

> As the fix is available but not all users can apply it easily, I propose to
> release this fix in an interim release: ejabberd 1.1.4.
>
> I have started putting a list of fix that should be in this release in my
> opinion:
> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
>
> Please, let me know what you think,

I'd like you to have a look at ejabberd patches in Debian package.
They are mostly taken from ejabberd SVN and fix small but annoying
bugs. The patches can be found here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/deb-maint/ejabberd/trunk/debian/patches/?rev=0&sc=0

The patches of interest are ejabberd_http_poll.diff, eldap.diff (the
fix of the bug mentioned by Evgeniy), shaper.diff, sql_escape.diff
(complete fix of the bug which was a cause of 1.1.3 release). All this
patches are taken from ejabberd SVN (I don't know if they solve some
bugs in a bug tracker).

The other patches either Debian-specific or included patches which
aren't supposed to be included into ejabberd SVN. Though it might be
interesting to look at ejabberd_ctl.diff. It makes work with
ejabberdctl easier (there's no need to specify full node as
ejabberd@`hostname -s`, which is proved to be not always compatible
with erlang view of hostname).

Cheers!
--