[ejabberd] start and stop ejabberd

kaan kaan kaanvlbg at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:02:28 MSD 2007

Hi all,
today i will start my jabber server for my community my question is how can i start the ejabberd

when i use this command:
erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -name ejabberd -s ejabber

the ejabberd start but when i close putty it goes offline
when i start it with & at the end then does nothing do.

i found a ejabberctl on the tools directory how can i use this?

another question.

my config looks like:
{host_config, "jabber.myserver.com",[{auth_method, external},
{extauth_program, "/etc/ejabberd/auth.php"},
{odbc_server, {mysql, "localhost", "ejabberd", "ejadberd", "********"}}]}.

when i start it it creats a folder with the name: @prefix@ and
Mnesia.ejabberd at hostnameofserver

did i need this two folders?