[ejabberd] problem with s2s communication

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sat Aug 11 11:12:19 MSD 2007

Hello,

Le 11 août 07 à 04:53, VMiklos a écrit :

> hi,
>
> i've recently set up ejabberd 1.1.3. if two users register on the
> server, they can communicate with each other properly. however i had
> problems with communicating with jabber.org or gmail.com users.

You need to configure Erlang to use the local DNS resolver to support
SRV records (For example Google).
See:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/fix-dns-srv

I will make sure the needed configuration is properly explained in
the documentation.
Note the the binary installer does that automatically.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/