[ejabberd] Trying to install mod_logmnesia in a binary installation

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:21:38 MSD 2007

> The question is: Can i use this module in my binary installation? I
> know that i need the .erl sources, apply the patch and reinstall
> ejabberd, but the problem is with the binary installer, that doesn't
> provide erl sources.

The patch available in
http://www.dp.uz.gov.ua/o.palij/mod_logmnesia/
only modifies an ejabberd core file: web/ejabberd_web_admin.erl

So, I think that yes, you can copy your patched *.beam files from a
source compilation to a binary installation. If you want to be sure
there will be no problems, you should also verify that:
1. You run exactly the same ejabberd version in both installations.
2. You run exactly the same Erlang version in both installations. To
check this, look at the output of 'erl' and compare the numbers. For
example, in my system I have BEAM 5.5.5 (which is included in
Erlang/OTP R11B-5):

$ erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.5 [source] [async-threads:0]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.5.5  (abort with ^G)
1> q().
ok