[ejabberd] start and stop ejabberd

kaan kaan kaanvlbg at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:44:11 MSD 2007

Hi

i have copy ejabberctl into the ebin directory then wenn i would like start or stop ejabberd but it doesnt work

can anybody help plz.
panel:/var/lib/ejabberd/ebin # ejabberdctl ejabberd at localhost stop
RPC failed on the node ejabberd at localhost: nodedown

=ERROR REPORT==== 11-Aug-2007::12:35:02 ===
Error in process  on node 'ejabberdctl at localhost' with exit value: {badarg,[{erlang,list_to_existing_atom,["ejabberd at myhostname.com"]},{dist_util,recv_challenge,1},{dist_util,handshake_we_started,1}]}

the same when i use ejabberd at myhostname.com

when i like start ejabberd then become this error

panel:/var/lib/ejabberd/ebin # ejabberdctl ejabberd at localhost start
RPC failed on the node ejabberd at localhost: nodedown
panel:/var/lib/ejabberd/ebin # ejabberdctl ejabberd at myhostname.com start
RPC failed on the node ejabberd at localhost: nodedown

must we change something in the ejabberdctl file?