[ejabberd] Sources of the ejabberd installer

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:06:38 MSD 2007

2007/8/14, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan at nes.ru>:
> It's clear that ejabberd installer includes changes, which aren't
> present in ejabberd source distribution. (at least
> ejabberd_http_bind.beam, mod_http_bind.beam, may be more).

Now that you mention the binary installers: the *nix ones include a
shell (or BASH) script bin/ejabberdctl that provides nice start, stop
and ctl execution.

It looks like with very small or no changes that script could be
included in ejabberd trunk and installed by Makefile. This would solve
a lot of headhaches to admins that install ejabberd from source
package instead of binary installers or OS-specific package.

If this looks interesting to other people, I could submit the feature
request to Jira. And if nobody has time to do it, I'll try in the next
week. I'd like ejabberd 2.0.0 to include a start/stop script.

Related issue:
ejabberdctl patch to make it more user friendly