[ejabberd] Sources of the ejabberd installer

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Aug 14 23:41:13 MSD 2007

answers to the off-topic part:

2007/8/14, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com>:
> 2007/8/14, Mickaël Rémond <mickael.remond at process-one.net>:
> > No change included in the binary installer, no.
> > All our sources are in SVN:
> > http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd
> > http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd-modules.
>
> Since Sergei does not clearly explain his claims at all, I had to ask
> him privately. In my opinion this is quite a childish behavior.

I think he just thought it was obvious what he wanted to know, while
Mickaël didn't understood his message clearly. Mickaël also was not
that clear IMO. Just some not-so-optimal communication.

> In
> fact, I think Sergei Golovan is in general very aggresive and rude
> with Mickael Remond. Not only in this thread,

Where is Sergei very aggresive and rude with Mickaël Rémond in this
thread? I don't see any rudeness against Mickaël himself. Sergei is
just to-the-point and maybe a bit unclear, but I don't see any attack
or something. Please specify before accusing someone. The only thing I
see is that Sergei has some criticism about the installer. Banning
criticism is desastrous: people will fear to be critic against your
product/service/project/organization/... People will only tell the
good things and you will never know about the bad things. Result:
without you knowing, quality, competitivity,... can go down.

> but in the mailing list.
> And also in the forums. And not only now, but from a lot of time ago.

Specify.

> Maybe there's something personal with him.

Where does Sergei say something about Mickaël himself? I only see
Sergei saying things about *things*, not humans.

<snip>
> In fact, I think it's not only Sergei who sporadically attack Mickael
> for any possible reason he can find: Sander Devrieze has also
> experience being extremely critical with Mickael,

I *never* attacked Mickaël. Moreover, I believe he is a nice guy. So,
please specify.

> crossing the line of
> rationally acceptable.

Can you specify???

> Of course, that is another topic, considering
> who fierce he is also with other people, including Jive Software.

even more off-topic: Jive Software is an organization, not human. And
yes, I'm fierce with Jive Software for the simple reason that they
censor things they don't like me to say about Jive Software because
they have no good answer for what I think they should change; they
want to hide the truth because they don't want to eliminate their
lock-ins. Oh yes, and I'm pretty sure there are people that are even
more fierce about censorship than me: http://venganza.org/ (btw: click
on Hate-Mail on that website; as you can see they are extremely open
to criticism, also some of the criticism there is extremely extreme
B-) )

> I'm ashamed of seeing such aggressiveness in public forums,

I don't see anything wrong. Please specify.

<snip>
> For example, instead of sending a bunch of small emails which do not
> explain to Mickael why the binary installer is probably infringing the
> GPL license, it would be a lot more productive, sensitive and
> practical if Sergei clearly explains it to Mickael (and me, and
> everyone else). It's not required to be as verbose and boring as me :)

As I already said, it's true that Sergei was a bit economical with
information, but Mickaël *also* was economical in his answers.
Conclusion: no fluent communication, but that's no big deal. btw: for
small messages, Jabber is a better communication channel ;-)

<snip on-topic part>

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.