[ejabberd] start and stop ejabberd

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 03:16:14 MSD 2007

2007/8/17, kaan kaan <kaanvlbg at hotmail.com>:
> i can't stop ejabberd from the web interface, when i click to stop then it does nothing it writes only this line into the logfile
> I(:ejabberd_http:202) : ({tlssock,#Port,#Port}) http query: 'POST' /admin/node/ejabberd at myhost.name/

Ah, maybe a bug. In my system it works: it first writes that line, and
later is gracefully stopped.

> and the second problem is with the script, i add it into /etc/init.d and change this to lines:
> base=
> #ROOTDIR=`(cd "$base"; echo $PWD)`
> ROOTDIR=/etc/ejabberd/;
>
> i installed ejabberd from source my log and config file is in /etc/ejabberd because the src dir. is in /usr/local/src/ejabberd
>
> and with which option i stop ejabberd?
>
> when i execute it then become something like this.
>
> {error_logger,{{2007,8,16},{23,52,27}},"Can't set short node name!\nPlease check your configuration\n",[]}

If you put a short hostname like
  HOST=thebeast
then  you can use the argument -sname.

If you put a long hostname like
  HOST=thebeast.example.org
then you must use the argument -name.

> and the last one, i use to storage the infos mysql db, why i have in /etc/ejabber a directory like Mnesia.ejabberd at myhost.com
> and the database/ejabberd is empty?

You configured ejabberd to store the critical information in Mysql:
rosters, accounts, passwords, vcards...

But ejabberd also uses Mnesia database to store some internal data
like ACL, ACCESS, ...

The @prefix@ directory is garbage, I think you can remove it.