[ejabberd] Improvements in ejabberd start script - this proposal needs review

Don Russell russell.don at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:30:48 MSD 2007

Badlop wrote:
> ejabberd does not include an start script. Instead, some minimal
> instructions are available in the ejabberd Guide and in the examples/
> directory.
> For that reason, packagers for *nix distributions had to write their
> own custom start scripts. The Windows installers are not affected,
> because they include start and stop shortcuts.

[snip]

I have to agree.... I recently learned of ejabberd a couple of days ago,
and installed it on my Linux Fedora 7 system via an rpm.

However, now I can't figure how how to start it .... I'm all in favor of
anything that makes that process easier for ejebbered newbies like me... :-)

Apparently there is a web interface to it on port 5280, but it does not
appear to be functional because I always get "timed out" when I try to
connect... yes, the firewall has been adjusted to allow port 5280....