[ejabberd] ejabberd cpu consumption

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 00:58:45 MSD 2007

Hi,

I can only help in a small part of your problem:

2007/8/23, Alexey Nezhdanov <snakeru at gmail.com>:
> log is attached. The most interesting to me is why 'error_logger' listed as second to
> top time consumer. I have disabled extensive and unhelpful http binding logs this way:
> -ejabberd config \"/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg\" log_path \"/dev/null\"
> May be it have troubles writing to /dev/null ?

Well, you have not disabled logging. You just send all the logs
content to the trash, but ejabberd still spends a lot of time
generating them, right?

If you are using ejabberd SVN, you can try this option in ejabberd.cfg
to limit verbose logging:

If that doesn't help, you can also try to remove in http_bind source
code all those log printings. If you see that this improves
performance a lot, maybe this change should be made in the http_bind
published sources.