[ejabberd] roomnick lockdown

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 02:38:01 MSD 2007

2007/8/25, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>:
> How does one disable the MUC roomnick lockdown feature

I don't see any option to disable it.

> or remove the lock on an existing roomnick?
> Does this require Mnesia hacking? I think
> someone told me once but I lost the email or IM they sent me... :)

The MUC service keeps a list of the registered nicks, and the
corresponding JID in the Mnesia table 'muc_registered'. It is easy to
delete an item in that table if you have access to an Erlang shell
attached to the running ejabberd node.

Another solution is to impersonate the JID and unregister the nick
with a Jabber client. This is quite difficult if the Jabber server
does not exist anymore.

Yet another solution is to wait until somebody implements in the MUC
service some pages for the Web Admin, including a page to delete MUC
registrations. I doubt you can wait so much :)