[ejabberd] http_bind & high CPU load: help needed

Stefan Strigler steve at zeank.in-berlin.de
Mon Dec 3 13:26:31 MSK 2007

Hi,

Am Montag, den 03.12.2007, 13:09 +0300 schrieb George Hazan:

> At no doubt ejabberd can handle 10K users :) I just wanna understand what am
> I doing wrong.

Well actually I've been talking about 10k users using http binding of
course.

> Sure, otherwise I couldn't get a 140% CPU usage.

Err, yes. Actually what I wanted/should have said: We're not using SMP
here, we're having multiple nodes per machine so maybe you could try
turning off SMP and check the results just to make sure it's nothing
related to SMP.

Otherwise I'm sorry, I think I can't be much of help here. I just wanted
to let you know that there is not a fundamental problem with the http
binding module.

Cheers, Steve