[ejabberd] Connecting thousands of bots under the same user name

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:33:21 MSK 2007

Pedro,

On Dec 4, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Pedro Melo wrote:

> why don't you use an external component instead?

I need to learn more about external components in ejabberd. Any
pointers?

Would I map external components to a JID somehow for them to receive
messages?

> Written properly, you can have several instances connected to the
> same ejabberd server, 1 TCP connection per instance,

It may be even easier in my case since my "external components" will
be written in Erlang and running in the same cluster.

> and ejabberd will load-balance the request amongst them.

This is the part I wasn't sure about.

> There even some load balacing code in ejabberd 1.1.4 and above (look
> for domain_balancing in the guide).

Great!

> I would recommend that you split the "long running task" from the
> XMPP part, using some sort of queueing system.

I will split the task from the XMPP part. My main concern was whether
it's possible to hide a huge scalable backend behind a single IM
nickname. It looks like it's possible.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com