[ejabberd] Connecting thousands of bots under the same user name

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Tue Dec 4 14:40:09 MSK 2007

Hi,

On Dec 4, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Joel Reymont wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Pedro Melo wrote:
>
>> why don't you use an external component instead?
>
> I need to learn more about external components in ejabberd. Any
> pointers?

ejabberd uses the standard XEP-0114, so that's the first step. http://
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0114.html

second, I'm sure that there is a XMPP library for your favorite
language, check to see if they support XEP-0114.

 From the ejabberd side of things, configuring a external domain is
simple enough.

> Would I map external components to a JID somehow for them to receive
> messages?

The JIDs of the virtual users inside the component would have a
different domain.

If you server is example.org, you could name your subdomain
something.example.org and the virtual users would be
whatever at something.example.org.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo