[ejabberd] how to disable logging of http-poll traffic

Andreas andreas at unstable.nl
Wed Dec 5 17:19:55 MSK 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 11:23:45AM +0100, Stefan Strigler wrote:
> 1 request per second per user? Then there's sth wrong. And http-bind
> requires POST requests, so there might be some more things that are not
> working correctly.

They are indeed POST requests, and it's http-poll I'm using.

Using these lines I now managed apache to stop logging this:

 CustomLog /var/log/httpd_access_log combined env=!dontlog
 SetEnvIf Request_URI "http-poll" dontlog

But I see no way to stop it from being logged in ejabberd, which also makes
these log entries (my log grew to 1.7G in about two months). Eg.:

=INFO REPORT==== 2007-12-05 15:12:42 ===
I(<0.27623.29>:ejabberd_http:175): (#Port<0.1757906>) http query: 'POST'
/http-poll/

[...]

=INFO REPORT==== 2007-12-05 15:12:43 ===
I(<0.27624.29>:ejabberd_http:175): (#Port<0.1757908>) http query: 'POST'
/http-poll/

Perhaps I could also just disable logging altogether. Can that be done by
simply removing the command line parameter? I didn't find information about
logging in the ejabber guide.

--
    -- Andreas	[ http://unstable.nl ] ( O3IXI8E0OC )