[ejabberd] cluster+mysql

Bognár Zsolt zsolt.bognar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 00:56:07 MSK 2007

Ok, thanks. Can you show me some instruction about this?

The first node working properly with mysql(odbc) auth and
mod_roster_odbc module, I can log in to that.
I started the second node:
cd /opt/ejabberd-1.1.4/database/ejabberd
/opt/ejabberd-1.1.4/bin/erl -name ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes
"['ejabberd at jabber1']" -s mnesia

But on this server the 5222 port doesn't answer.

Here are what I get on the second host with the same ejabberd config,
except the "hosts":

(ejabberd at jabber2)3> mnesia:info().
---> Processes holding locks <---
---> Processes waiting for locks <---
---> Participant transactions <---
---> Coordinator transactions <---
---> Uncertain transactions <---
---> Active tables <---
roster         : with 4        records occupying 991      words of mem
schema         : with 22       records occupying 2887     words of mem
===> System info in version "4.3.5", debug level = none <===
opt_disc. Directory
"/opt/ejabberd-1.1.4/database/ejabberd/Mnesia.ejabberd at jabber2" is
used.
use fallback at restart = false
running db nodes   = ['ejabberd at jabber1','ejabberd at jabber2']
stopped db nodes   = []
master node tables = []
remote             = [acl,
                      config,
                      disco_publish,
                      irc_custom,
                      last_activity,
                      local_config,
                      motd,
                      motd_users,
                      muc_registered,
                      muc_room,
                      offline_msg,
                      passwd,
                      privacy,
                      private_storage,
                      pubsub_node,
                      route,
                      s2s,
                      session,
                      vcard,
                      vcard_search]
ram_copies         = []
disc_copies        = [roster,schema]
disc_only_copies   = []
[] = [local_config]
[{'ejabberd at jabber1',disc_copies}] = [muc_registered,
                                                   muc_room,
                                                   motd_users,
                                                   vcard_search,
                                                   acl,
                                                   motd,
                                                   last_activity,
                                                   irc_custom,
                                                   passwd,
                                                   privacy,
                                                   config]
[{'ejabberd at jabber1',disc_copies},
 {'ejabberd at jabber2',disc_copies}] = [schema,roster]
[{'ejabberd at jabber1',disc_only_copies}] = [pubsub_node,
                                                        private_storage,
                                                        vcard,
                                                        disco_publish,
                                                        offline_msg]
[{'ejabberd at jabber1',ram_copies}] = [session,s2s,route]
4 transactions committed, 0 aborted, 0 restarted, 0 logged to disc
0 held locks, 0 in queue; 0 local transactions, 0 remote
0 transactions waits for other nodes: []
ok
(ejabberd at jabber2)4>

On Dec 5, 2007 5:15 PM, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Dec 5, 2007, at 3:32 PM, Bognár Zsolt wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have only one question:
> > Is it possible to use ejabberd cluster with odbc (mysql) backend?
> > For example, the mod_roster_odbc. I can't find any documentation
> > about this.
>
> Yes.
>
> Best regards,
> --