[ejabberd] how to disable logging of http-poll traffic

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:57:33 MSK 2007

2007/12/5, Andreas <andreas at unstable.nl>:
> But I see no way to stop it from being logged in ejabberd, which also makes
> these log entries (my log grew to 1.7G in about two months). Eg.:
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 2007-12-05 15:12:42 ===
> I(<0.27623.29>:ejabberd_http:175): (#Port<0.1757906>) http query: 'POST'
> /http-poll/
>
> [...]
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 2007-12-05 15:12:43 ===
> I(<0.27624.29>:ejabberd_http:175): (#Port<0.1757908>) http query: 'POST'
> /http-poll/
>

> Perhaps I could also just disable logging altogether. Can that be done by
> simply removing the command line parameter? I didn't find information about
> logging in the ejabber guide.

You are right: in ejabberd 1.1.4 and older the HTTP traffic generated
a lot of messages in the log files.

In ejabberd SVN you can change the verbosity of ejabberd log file
using the option loglevel. Check the bug issue [1] and documentation
of SVN version [2].

Also in SVN, most HTTP processing is printed only if you define very
verbose logging. Check bug issue [3]. This solves the problem for the
web administration, and should solve also for HTTP-Poll and HTTP-Bind.

[1] https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-74
[2] http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd/trunk/doc/guide.html#htoc81
[3] https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-363