[ejabberd] prefer IPv6 for outgoing s2s connections

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Mon Dec 10 02:24:49 MSK 2007

Hello,

I'm running ejabberd on Ubuntu Gutsy (erlang 1:11.b.5dfsg-2ubuntu1 and
ejabberd 1.1.2-9) on a dualstacked jabber host (JID = my mail address).
I noticed that although I have enabled IPv6 on all incoming ports
(inet6), outgoing connects are still on IPv4. I've tested that for
example with amessage.de / swissjabber.ch and a private OpenFire test
installation. ejabberd -> other server is always IPv4, while the
callback other server -> ejabberd is done through IPv6.

Does anyone have an idea how to change that?

Thanks,
Bernhard