[ejabberd] prefer IPv6 for outgoing s2s connections

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:32:12 MSK 2007

2007/12/10, Bernhard Schmidt <berni at birkenwald.de>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running ejabberd on Ubuntu Gutsy (erlang 1:11.b.5dfsg-2ubuntu1 and
> ejabberd 1.1.2-9) on a dualstacked jabber host (JID = my mail address).
> I noticed that although I have enabled IPv6 on all incoming ports
> (inet6), outgoing connects are still on IPv4. I've tested that for
> example with amessage.de / swissjabber.ch and a private OpenFire test
> installation. ejabberd -> other server is always IPv4, while the
> callback other server -> ejabberd is done through IPv6.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to change that?

This topic is not described in the ejabberd guide. Looking at the
source code that establishes an outgoing S2S connection [1], ejabberd
first tries using IPv4. In case of error it tries with IPv6.

It is now tracked here:
  Check ipv6 use for outgoing connection
  http://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-451

[1] https://forge.process-one.net/browse/ejabberd/trunk/src/ejabberd_s2s_out.erl?r=1052#l216