[ejabberd] Call to translators for ejabberd 2.0.0

Doruk Fisek dfisek at fisek.com.tr
Tue Dec 11 01:05:05 MSK 2007

Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:57:36 +0100, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> :

> If you can help in any of those translations, you can drop a comment
> here or in the page, to avoid double-work.
I translated ejabberd to Turkish from scratch (attached), seeing
there's no previous work. Only a few strings (mostly from pubsub module)
is untranslated.

Though I must say, I could have translated some strings better if some
words weren't assumed to be at the end or beginning of the string,
instead included in the translation as ~s (there are correct examples
of this usage in some strings).

In some languages (like Turkish), you just cannot fixate the place of
some words. The word (whatever it is) can move to the middle or
somewhere else in the sentence.

Surely it should be too late to change the strings for 2.0, but I'd be
glad to point out the problematic strings if needed, when a
restructuring is due.

                   Doruk

--
FISEK INSTITUTE - http://www.fisek.org.tr