[ejabberd] Call to translators for ejabberd 2.0.0

Andreas andreas at unstable.nl
Tue Dec 11 15:24:09 MSK 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 12:05:05AM +0200, Doruk Fisek wrote:
> Though I must say, I could have translated some strings better if some
> words weren't assumed to be at the end or beginning of the string,
> instead included in the translation as ~s (there are correct examples
> of this usage in some strings).

I believe the very reason for using those '~s' symbols is to be able to show
where the word should be substituted. Thus it can be anywhere in the
sentence.  Still, if there are two such symbols, the order can't be changed.
For that you'd need something like $1, $2 etc.

Things that I found problematic myself were words like 'host' and
'hostname,' since in my case there simply aren't any translations in common
use for such a term, so I left it untranslated (which is not too surprising
as English donates many technological terms already).

	Andreas