[ejabberd] What happens: Importing jabberd 1.4 DIR second time?

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:21:00 MSK 2007

2007/12/9, Denny Schierz <linuxmail at 4lin.net>:
> just a question: i have a running ejabberd with some users (most
> offline) restored from a backup. But not all users are imported, so i
> want to restore the complete jabberd 1.4 spool to ejabberd. What
> happens? Does the import tool import those, which are not already
> imported? or do i have later everything double?

Each roster item is represented as a record in the database. The
username and password of each account is also a record. I think the
general behaviour in the Mnesia tables is to append and overwrite.

So:
 - the already existent roster contacts are overwritten, they are not
duplicated (and any new change is lost)
 - the very new contacts are kept

I remember jabberd14 spool files from very old jabberd version had
problematic XML. The solution was simply to fix the problematic XML
files, and import again. No need to clean the ejabberd database before
importing again.