[ejabberd] Clustering for redundancy

Pico Geyer pico at trispen.com
Wed Dec 19 11:06:38 MSK 2007

Hi all.

I'm currently trying to test an ejabberd cluster consisting of two nodes.
What I'm hoping to achieve is, when either node goes down the other will
be able to continue serving clients.
I'm simulating one of the nodes going down by temporarily firewalling it
off.
I then receive the following messages on the first node's console:

 ** Node ejabberd at jabber2 not responding **
 ** Removing (timedout) connection **

and a corresponding message on the second nodes console.
If I now unfirewall the firewalled node, it seems that the nodes never
reestablish the connection between each other.
Is there a way to get erjabberd/erlang to retry the connection between
nodes every X minutes.

Thanks
Pico