[ejabberd] How fix/avoid "nodedown" error messages?

Manuel Mely mmelyp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 22:50:04 MSK 2007

On 12/22/07, chris at seberino.org <chris at seberino.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 12:29:13PM +0100, Andreas wrote:
> > > (server /home/seb) % ejabberdctl
> > > RPC failed on the node ejabberd at seberino: nodedown
> >
> > Did you try that as root? ejabberdctl needs access to an erlang cookie
> which
> > is only readable by the ejabberd user (or root).
>
> Thanks for info.  I tried as user root and ejabberd and got the same error
> for
> each.   See below if you wish.
>
> Chris
>
> # ejabberdctl
> RPC failed on the node ejabberd at seberino: nodedown

Are you using ejabberd debian based package? Told me if you have an
/etc/ejabberd/ejabberctl.cfg file !!! If you have, open it, and write this
line

export ERLANG_NODE=ejabberd at seberino

if doesn't work try without the @seberino.

If you don't have this file, start ejabberd and please post this:

# ps ax |grep erl

I would like to see --name and --sname.

Bye.