[ejabberd] ejabberd 2.0.0 beta 1 on windows

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 19:22:36 MSK 2007

2007/12/25, Alexander Gnauck <gnauck at ag-software.de>:
> Alexander Gnauck schrieb:
> > ejabberd 2.0.0 beta 1 does not start on windows.
> > There seems to be a problem in the ejabberdctl script.
> > On my windows server it always goes in the *nix case here.
>
> The problem is related to something else. For some reason all commands
> executed in the script return command not found.

The problem in my Windows XP test machine is probably a virus: when I
open cmd.exe, or regedit.exe, the windows are closed immediately. I
can open any other program without problem.

I only use that Windows for testing (not for developing or compiling),
so in my case reinstalling it is the fastest solution.

Anyway, there is a new Windows installer that now is capable of
installing ejabberd even in my garbage Windows installation.

The only problem I detected in the new windows installer is that the
admin account is not created automatically. I suppose it is due to the
virus, so let's see if anybody else also reports this problem.

 ---