[ejabberd] Server crashes

Michał Droździewicz koniczynek at uaznia.net
Wed Feb 7 14:50:00 MSK 2007

Hello,

Crashes started as of today, when large amount of presences are send to
the server (It's the trigger, but not always the crash occurs). Here is
a crash log:
=INFO REPORT==== 22-Jan-2007::15:56:50 ===
I(<0.2284.0>:ejabberd_s2s_out:660): terminated: normal
Mnesia(ejabberd at host): Data may be missing, Corrupt logfile deleted:
"/var/lib/ejabberd/PREVIOUS.LOG", {file_error,
"/var/lib/ejabberd/PREVIOUS.LOG", emfile}
=ERROR REPORT==== 22-Jan-2007::15:56:52 ===
Mnesia(ejabberd at host): ** ERROR ** (could not write core file: emfile)
** FATAL ** Cannot open log file "/var/lib/ejabberd/PREVIOUS.LOG":
{file_error, /var/lib/ejabberd/PREVIOUS.LOG", emfile}
=ERROR REPORT==== 22-Jan-2007::15:56:52 ===
** Generic server ejabberd_sm terminating
** Last message in was {mnesia_system_event,{mnesia_down,ejabberd at host}}
** When Server state == {state}
** Reason for termination ==
** {node_not_running,ejabberd at host}

I've talked with badlop, and temporary solution is to create this file
manually. This helped, but file dissapeared a while after server start.
What could be the problem (file limit is not possible, because ulimit is
"unlimited")?

this two weeks ago posted on forums, but there was no response. Now I am
using ejabberd 1.1.2 and this error still occurs.

xmpp/email: koniczynek at uaznia.net
xmpp/email: koniczynek at gmail.com