[ejabberd] Web interface thinks there are no users

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Sat Feb 10 00:49:44 MSK 2007

I just setup a test jabber server using ejabberd 1.1.2 with the pam
patch from http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/pam

Most of the functionality seems to be working great.  However, there's
something weird on the web admin interface.   When I look at the
statistics it always claims there are 0 registered users, even when
there are multiple online users.   Also, when I go into the vhost and
look at the 'Users' page it doesn't show any users.  However, this
screenshot
(http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/files/ejabberd/screenshots/web3.jpg) makes it
look like it should be displaying users.

Does anyone know what's going on here?   My goal is to be able to
automatically use our system accounts to connect to jabber.  That's
working, except it thinks there are no registered users.  Is there a way
to have it automatically 'register' a user when they first connect?  Or
is something else going on?

Thanks,

Sean