[ejabberd] Looking for a XMPP-server

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Feb 22 15:52:04 MSK 2007

On 2/21/07, Marius Hanne <marius.hanne at jenomics.de> wrote:
> we've reached the limits of the msn protocol an are about to migrate to
> a jabber-based infrastructure.

Nice, another argument to switch is security and control; by using
public services like MSN your company information is done over the
public Internet using a third-party instant messaging server. With
Jabber, you can run your own instant messaging server inside the
company, behind a firewall.

> So we're looking for a xmpp-compilant server

ejabberd should be XMPP compliant.

> which supports text,

Any client will support this, and also ejabberd of course.

> audio

You need support for Jingle in the client, but I'm not sure if a
client already exists. Try for example Coccinella (
http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/ ). Nothing special in ejabberd is
necessary.

> and video-messages

You need support for Jingle Video in the client, but I'm not sure if a
client already exists. Nothing special in ejabberd is necessary.

> in 1on1 and conference-mode.

See Multi-User Chat.

> Unfortunately, there is no meaningful comparision-chart available.
> So could you send us a featurelist of your software so we have a chance
> to decide?

There is a feature list and sheet on the website:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/features Also, do not overlook the feature
sheet: http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/features#links

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.