[ejabberd] Balancer for external components

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Feb 23 18:37:52 MSK 2007

Hi,

On Feb 23, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Zbyszek Żółkiewski wrote:

> well i think documentation is not clear: if we plug 2 components to
> cluster (each for different node): do we need make their
> (components) different names (dns names?) or the same name? like
> alt-1.component.example.com and alt-2.component.example.com ?

You only need one name for them all. Use the name you have on your
connection port. And then add {domain_balancing, 'name'}

For example, from SAPO configuration:

{10101, ejabberd_service, [
   {access, all},
         {hosts, [
             "msn.im.sapo.pt"
           ],
           [
             {password, "OMG!Hackers!"}
           ]
         }
       ]},

{domain_balancing, "msn.im.sapo.pt", bare_source}.
{domain_balancing_component_number, "msn.im.sapo.pt", N}.

The last one prevents that a instance that restart from reshuffling
all users. Make sure N is equal to the number of compnents you have
connected.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo