[ejabberd] Balancer for external components

Zbyszek Żółkiewski zbyszek at toliman.pl
Fri Feb 23 18:43:56 MSK 2007

well, that configuration don't work well for GaduGadu transport. I connect
two instances of component to different nodes, and it seams that components
very often don't know that user is already logged to component on different
node, the problem is even bigger when one node fail - then it seamt that
component process is "stuck" on server. Only fix then is to restart all
cluster.

My example (with alt-1, alt-2) was because: this way ejabberd (for example
mod_proxy) is configured for clustering.

On 2/23/07, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Feb 23, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Zbyszek Żółkiewski wrote:
>
> > well i think documentation is not clear: if we plug 2 components to
> > cluster (each for different node): do we need make their
> > (components) different names (dns names?) or the same name? like
> > alt-1.component.example.com and alt-2.component.example.com ?
>
> You only need one name for them all. Use the name you have on your
> connection port. And then add {domain_balancing, 'name'}
>
> For example, from SAPO configuration:
>
> {10101, ejabberd_service, [
>    {access, all},
>          {hosts, [
>              "msn.im.sapo.pt"
>            ],
>            [
>              {password, "OMG!Hackers!"}
>            ]
>          }
>        ]},
>
> {domain_balancing, "msn.im.sapo.pt", bare_source}.
> {domain_balancing_component_number, "msn.im.sapo.pt", N}.
>
> The last one prevents that a instance that restart from reshuffling
> all users. Make sure N is equal to the number of compnents you have
> connected.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Pedro Melo