[ejabberd] ejabberd crashing with external authentication

pico pico at trispen.com
Tue Feb 27 18:25:44 MSK 2007

Hi all.

I'm using ejabberd 1.1.1 on one of my servers with external authentication.
My authentication script is working fine,most of the time.
On occasion ejabberds stop responding and I find the following in the
log file
I'm hoping that someone understands this error better than I do and
could provide some assistance.

Thanks
Pico

=ERROR REPORT==== 2007-02-26 06:57:19 ===
** State machine <0.3243.0> terminating
** Last event in was {xmlstreamelement,
                         {xmlelement,"auth",
                                     [{"xmlns",
                                       "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl"},
                                      {"mechanism","PLAIN"}],
                                     [{xmlcdata,

<<"AG15dGVzdGd3AGt0ZnczNHR0enc=">>}]}}
** When State == wait_for_feature_request
**      Data  == {state,#Port<0.1143>,
                        <0.3244.0>,
                        gen_tcp,
                        "3179380154",
                        {sasl_state,"jabber",
                                    "myhost.mydomain.com",
                                    [],
                                    #Fun<ejabberd_c2s.1.114093548>,
                                    #Fun<ejabberd_c2s.2.66069937>,
                                    undefined,
                                    undefined},
                        c2s,
                        c2s_shaper,
                        false,
                        true,
                        false,
                        false,
                        [{certfile,"/etc/ejabberd/ssl.pem"}],
                        false,
                        undefined,
                        [],
                        "myhost.mydomain.com",
                        [],
                        undefined,
                        {0,nil},
                        {0,nil},
                        {0,nil},
                        {0,nil},
                        undefined,
                        undefined,
                        undefined,
                        false,
                        none,
                        []}
** Reason for termination =
** {badarg,[{extauth,call_port,2},
            {lists,any,2},
            {cyrsasl_plain,mech_step,2},
            {cyrsasl,server_step,2},
            {ejabberd_c2s,wait_for_feature_request,2},
            {gen_fsm,handle_msg,7},
            {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}