[ejabberd] audio/video chat clients

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Feb 27 23:48:15 MSK 2007

On 2/27/07, Dmitri <project1 at sharedlog.com> wrote:
> another question: I saw a post of ejabbered forum that basically says
> that ejabbered is already has capability to have video/audio chat and
> it's just up to the client.
> Sounds good, but what clients have this capability?

Coccinella e.g. has audio chat support, and if you really want video
chat in Coccinella, I'm pretty sure you can pay the author to
implement it.

> also, I looked at wildfire xmpp server and they recently released a beta
> plugin that uses Red5 server to provide video/audio chat capabilities.
> So, why does wildfire need Red5 for this to work and ejabbered does not?

I don't know why they need Red5. I guess it is just some marketing feature.

> I mean, they both use the same xmpp protocol, or does ejabbered has some
> extra functionality for video/audio chat?

video/audio chat is P2P between the clients, so nothing special in
your Jabber server is needed.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.