[ejabberd] How to compile mysql modules?

Kevin Jackson foamdino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 04:42:00 MSK 2007

>From where you downloaded the ejabberd from svn, go into the src
directory and read the install instructions - for me it said
./configure & make finally make install

When ejabberd is installed the lib files (beam) are in
/usr/lib/erlang/ebin & /usr/lib/ejabberd-1.1.3/ebin odbc specific libs
will be in /usr/lib/ejabberd-1.1.3/ebin too

Here are the instructions I wrote for my team - edited to remove stuff
that isn't important for other projects:

How top compile erlang source code (odbc_queries.erl)

1 - install the following packages for your system:
	* zlib 1.2.3 or greater (and zlib-devel)
	* openssl 0.9.6 or greater (and openssl-devel)
	* libexpat 1.9.5 or greater
	* GNU Iconv 1.8 or higher
	* binutils
	* make
	* gcc
	* Erlang-OTP R9C-2 or higher
		* erlang-base (or erlang-base-hipe)
		* erlang-dev
		* erlang-src
		* erlang

2 - check out ejabberd src from repository
	svn co http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd/trunk ~/ejabberd

3 - configure build
	cd ~/ejabberd/src
	./configure

4 - check odbc/Makefile
	This file may be broken (ie won't compile our code), if so edit it to
fix the Makefile (./configure will create the makefile for you)

5 - Filter source with Ant (you won't need this step as it's only a
requirement for my team)

6 - Copy altered file to ejabberd/src (again unnecessary for you)

7 - Compile new file
	cd ~/ejabberd/src
	make

8 - Find newly compiled .beam file (or files)
	cd ~/ejabberd/src => odbc_queries.beam

Kev