[ejabberd] Roster Manipulation

Jaco Kroon jaco at kroon.co.za
Tue Jan 16 10:18:53 MSK 2007

PsyMonkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have developed a gateway form jabber to msn.  This gateway is currently
> being used with a ejabberd 1.1.2 server.  I would like to add the following
> feature,

For the most part, is this an improvement over pymsnt
(http://msn-transport.jabberstudio.org)?  We've been using it to hook
into our ejabberd daemon (but had to run jabberd in a crippled mode to
support it).  Would it be possible to gain access to your msn gateway
(eventually)?

> If a user registers with the gateway his msn contacts must be automatically
> added to his jabber contact list.  Then the same again for if the jabber
> user removes the GateWay his msn contacts must be removed form his jabber
> contact list.

The pymsnt does this.  You might want to check out what they do.

> I have spoken to some ppl who used i think wildfire or
> something like that (another jabber server) and they said that they can
> manipulate the roster entries for each user.

Yes, I've heard some really good things about Wildfire.  And with good
things I'm talking about these types of features.  These and a few others.

>  Is this possible and how?

Yes, it should be possible, no, I don't know how.  But would be
interrested in getting hold of your gateway once you're done with it.

Jaco