[ejabberd] Roster Manipulation

PsyMonkey peerfolder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:20:48 MSK 2007

Hi,

I looked at the PyMSNt gateway and they require that the client be developed
in a specific way so that if a :

<presence from="contact%hotmail.com at msn.host.com" to="user at host.com"
type="subscribe">
        <x xmlns="http://delx.cjb.net/protocol/roster-subsync">
                <item name="Some contact" subscription="both">
                        <group>Friends</group>
                        <group>Colleagues</group>
                </item>
        </x>
</presence>

is sent the contact is added automatically?  One thing that is great is that
this is backward compatible, if the client/server does not support this
feature the request will go through as a standard subscribe request.  O well
i implemented it anyway and it does not work with psi (Jabber Client), you
do need a client/server that supports this command i think.  Please note i
am not an expert, just have a lot of time.  Hopefully in the future there
will be a feature added to do what i want it to do with ejabberd.

Thanks for your help,
Phil