[ejabberd] Roster Manipulation

Jaco Kroon jaco at kroon.co.za
Tue Jan 16 12:33:15 MSK 2007

PsyMonkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked at the PyMSNt gateway and they require that the client be developed
> in a specific way so that if a :
>
> <presence from="contact%hotmail.com at msn.host.com" to="user at host.com"
> type="subscribe">
>         <x xmlns="http://delx.cjb.net/protocol/roster-subsync">
>                 <item name="Some contact" subscription="both">
>                         <group>Friends</group>
>                         <group>Colleagues</group>
>                 </item>
>         </x>
> </presence>
>
> is sent the contact is added automatically?  One thing that is great is that
> this is backward compatible, if the client/server does not support this
> feature the request will go through as a standard subscribe request.  O well
> i implemented it anyway and it does not work with psi (Jabber Client), you
> do need a client/server that supports this command i think.  Please note i
> am not an expert, just have a lot of time.  Hopefully in the future there
> will be a feature added to do what i want it to do with ejabberd.

Hmm, I'd suggest looking again.  I'm using psi, and with PyMSNt it did
work, so I'm guessing you're probably just missing something small.  And
neither am I an expert, i know the internal ejabberd architecture about
as well as my grandma, i just helped with some tls stuff once and since
this is a low volume list I just stayed subscribed.

> Thanks for your help,

I didn't do much, but it's a pleasure.