[ejabberd] Roster Manipulation

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Jan 16 19:40:31 MSK 2007

Olivier Goffart schreef:
> One simple solution would be to give the jabber password to the gateway,  so
> the gateway can open a c2s connection with the server, and manage itself the
> contactlist. Anyway, i don't want to give my password to someone else.  so
> this is a bad solution.
>
> An ideal solution would be to make a protocol which allow the gateway to
> manager user's contactlist  (at least the part of user inside his server).

Maybe some other idea. Note that I'm no coder nor protocol guru. What
about having a protocol that allows to attach "subrosters" to the main
roster. So, these subrosters can be embedded in the main roster. The
main roster then has to give permision for any subroster to be embedded.
In this way the transports can handle their own roster. Other advantage:
maybe no cryptic JIDs needed.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.